Thursday, July 26, 2012

2 months!

So, I have officially decided to only do monthly updates on the Hunt-man, because I get so busy that weekly updates are getting away from me! These past two weeks Hunter and I have been on vacation, so we have been just going, going, going! This update and picture is a week overdue, so he is actually two months and one week, but that's ok. 


As for Hunter.... he is doing AMAZING!
I don't know why it wouldn't let me take the red eyes out :(
Sleep- he is consistently sleeping the first stretch 6-7 hours... even on vacation! Now that I am seeing his sleep cues, I am able to get him down for lots of naps, ranging from 45 minutes to 2 hours per day. Sometimes, we will get a 3 hour nap in during the day, but that is not the norm! The first few days on vacation were hard for him sleep-wise, but I can't blame him! He was in a new house, filled with about 20 people running around, AND it stayed bright light until about 9:45-10:00 at night. Who wants to sleep when it looks like playtime?


Car Seat- This is still an issue, which was kind of terrible on vacation since we were going non stop! We would spend whole days out of the house going from store to store, we even drove a six hour trip! He pretty much needs to be full, clean, and dry when he gets put in the car seat, swung or kind of shaken/bounced on the way out to the car, and then get to driving pretty much the second he gets clipped in. This will mean that he can ride happily for a while, and then he may fall asleep or get bored/hungry and start to cry. I mean scream. This is a work in progress that I hope can get better before the 10 hour drive to Florida in August!


Eating- He is nursing so well! One day when we were out and about, I forgot his pre-pumped bottles and had to nurse him during the day, sometimes in public (with a cover, of course!), and he did wonderful! When he does drink from a bottle he eats 4 ounces. He has been at 4 ounces for a while, so I fill it to about 4.5 or sometimes 5 ounces, but he doesn't usually finish it or he does and then he starts to spit up and I know he ate too much.


Alertness/Awake Time- He is SO alert! We get comments on it pretty much everyday about how alert he is, how pretty his eyes are, and how well he holds up his head. This is probably because he likes to be held on your shoulder, which kind of draws attention when you are pushing a stroller or shopping cart and holding him like that. Also, he still looks pretty small to be holding his head up so well in that position, which means we are constantly getting stopped and asked how old he is. 
This is how he likes to be held all day, lol!
Tummy Time- This is NOT going so well. He hates it! I got a good idea from my cousin, and she said her doctor told her to try to do it after every diaper change, so he will get in at least a tiny bit here and there all day. Definitely going to try that and will hopefully have a better report on this next month!


Play Time- He is getting so darn social! He loves to smile, and some mornings he wakes up so happy that I swear he does a laugh as I unswaddle him! He likes to smile at high pitched sounds, and can sometimes be tickled just a little bit. 


At his two week appointment, which actually took place at 7 weeks, he got his vaccines which literally BROKE. MY. HEART. He had to have one oral vaccine, and that was okay. Then he had to have three shots in his tiny little legs. I couldn't watch, and I am so thankful that Tim went with us. He was as sad about it as I was, but was able to help calm him down. He didn't feel very well for about 2-3 days after, and needed Tylenol to keep his mild fever down. That afternoon, though, he would just kind of seem in pain. His little legs hurt him, and he was telling me by stopping eating and just whimpering. I felt so bad. I had moved the appointment up so that he could have his vaccines before getting on the airplane, and even though it was only a few days early, I felt very guilty and like a bad mommy. 


His appointment also gave us new measurements, and we all know how much I like updated measurements! He weighed 10 pounds and 11 ounces; and is 23 inches long. He is in the 25th percentile for height, 25th for weight, and 35th for head circumference. I feel like he is big because of how rapidly he is growing! Two inches longer in just two months?! I know he must be on the smaller side because of his percentiles, but many people comment on how he looks long and lean, so I am curious to see how the next appointment goes!
Here are some of his silly faces from our mini photo shoot:



Please Vote! Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS