Sunday, October 7, 2012

Baby Thompson 2.0

Even as I type this, I am still in a little bit of shock mode. Baby Thompson 2.0?

A tummy bug was going around our area, and in my family, so when I felt sick for a day I thought it was just this bug that I can never seem to avoid! Then, the next day I was REALLY sick; and the next couple of days I was just feeling icky again. One of my work friends asked if I was pregnant, and I looked at her with big huge alien eyes, because ummmm, hello? I JUST had a baby! 4 short months ago!

Then I got to thinking about it... A week of being sick? No birth control? Could it be? No way! It took 2 years to get pregnant with Hunter, TWO years!

As I was walking through Target to get some yogurt that I just HAD to have, I bit the bullet and bought a test. At least that way I would know one way or the other, right?

I got home, and was actually excited to take the test. Hunter was being really good playing in his exersaucer, so I took the test. I kinda forgot about it for a half hour or so, I ran around the house playing with my precious child, and when I finally made it back over to the test... it was positive. Oh so positive. 

I went through a mix of emotions, laughing, smiling, being in shock, scared, nervous..... bouncing from one emotion to the next like a ping pong ball.

The next thing I had to do was tell Tim. He was going to be a daddy... again! I was nervous to tell him, because he had just said a few weeks ago that we couldn't have another baby for a while because how in the world would he get two babies ready in the morning?

I waited until the next day, because I wanted to take another test just to be sure. This time, I took a digital. I took a video of this test because I remember from last pregnancy that I wanted more video of everything, especially people's reaction to the news. Even though I have already seen one positive test, you can hear the shock in my voice. I also started recording, then it quit, so I started recording again just in time, but that explains me saying, "Well, that was a bust...." I turned it on again juuuust in time:

Tim was now fighting the stomach bug, so I really wanted to wait until he was feeling better to share the news. I had planned on buying a onesie that said "Big Brother", then having Tim get him dressed, and seeing how long it took him to notice. I wanted to make it fun! (not scary!)

Instead, this is how it all went down:

Hunter was having a grand old time trying to push back his bedtime, just smiling away at me. Tim came out of the bedroom to join the fun, and was talking so sweetly to Hunter. He was telling him how much he loved him, and loved being a daddy. Since he in such a good mood, I said, "I need to tell you something". Then, it was like I went mute for a good minute. I couldn't say anything.... until I said everything. I blurted it out. He was shocked, but I have to say, he was way less shocked than I was!

I still wish that I would have waited until he was feeling better, so that we could have hugged and kissed and enjoyed the moment together. But hugging and kissing someone who has been home sick all day just didn't seem all that appealing to this pregnant lady! We shared in our shock, our excitement, and gender predictions together. I am so glad that he was so even keeled about it all! Have you ever heard/read the saying, "I never knew how much I loved your daddy, until I saw how much he loved you?".... I have seen that to be true already, and I just KNOW that it will be twice as true as this pregnancy moves along!




Please Vote! Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS