Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Old Wives Tales: Baby Thompson 2.0

I copy and pasted from when I did this with Hunter. Then I added some more because I am in my second pregnancy.

* If your husband gains weight, you will be having a girl. If he doesn't gain weight, you'll be having a boy.

Answer: Boy- but my husband hasn't gained weight since 10th grade, so I don't think this counts.

* Pregnancy has you looking better than ever if it’s a boy. You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy if it’s a girl/
Answer: Girl, my skin has broken out, and I am hating it. I haven't really had any pimples or anything since before getting pregnant with Hunter and now I have three huge zits on my face.

*Some myths propose that if you are craving sweets during your pregnancy, you are having a girl. If you are craving spicy and salty foods, then you are having a boy.
Answer: Both: I am loving fruits, sweets, AND my chili-cheese flavor Fritos.

*Some say if the woman’s belly is big and round it means that she is carrying a girl. Likewise, if her belly is smaller and sticking straight out than she is carrying a boy.
Answer: Boy- I think- I am not showing too much, but what is showing is pretty round, but all in front.

* If you are having a boy, you would not have as much morning sickness as you would if you were having a girl.

Answer: Girl, I was pretty sick in the beginning, and still have my moments! I hate labeling this 'girl', though because I wonder if I am so sick because I am not able to eat at the drop of a hat and I am getting much less sleep (this due to having a tiny baby at home!).

 

*The same as you last pregnancy= same gender, different- different gender.
Answer: Girl- more sick, not wanting to drink as much water as I did with Hunter, and my face is much less clear.

*Some people believe that if your baby has a fast heart rate, near 170 beats per minute, then that means you are having a girl, and that if your baby’s heart rate is closer to 150 beats per minute then you are having a boy.
Answer: Girl, the heart rate has been above 157 every time. It is most commonly in the 165-170 range, though.

* The Chinese use numbers to determine the sex of your baby. They take the mothers age at conception and the month of conception.
Answer: Boy, I conceived in Septmeber, and was 27 at age of conception, which is showing Boy.

 

* Many believe that if you have an increased amount of acne during pregnancy then it means you are having a baby girl.
Answer: Girl

*If your previous child's hairline at the neck comes to a point then it is a different gender, straight line is the same gender.
Answer: Girl. Hunter's hairline has a cute little point in the middle of his neck.

Results:
2 Boy
6 Girl

(I am liking these odds!)











Please Vote! Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS