Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

This is the 3rd year in a row for  a New Year's post, and I am excited to say that I have made a few resolutions and have already started one of them! (OK- maybe I started all of them, but one of them is something more 'tangible'.... and it is in full force!)

Resolutions 2013:

Get/Stay ORGANIZED!!- I am the world's worst when it comes to organization. I can have tiny bits of my life organized, but as a whole, I am terrible. We have started to get Charlotte's room ready for her arrival in June, and I threw away an absolute TON of stuff. Like, bags and bags of stuff. I just had to cut the cord. I can have hoarding tendencies, I will admit that. My mom used to call me a pack rat. But, the first step is admitting you have a problem right? We had been using that room as a 'catch-all' for all of our stuff. I had school stuff from, like, 3 years ago. Things that made it home somehow and I just didn't want to get rid of because you never know when you're going to want that worksheet to make copies of! I won't even go through all of the other junk we had in there. Today, I cleaned it all out. I mean ALL of it. There was nothing left in that room. Most went in the trash, some went in my teacher wheelie cart (I didn't even know it was in there!) to go to school and get put away, and some went in the hallway to go back in after painting because it will be part of Charlotte's room. As I type, Tim is putting a finishing coat of paint on the wainscotting, and it just looks so much better!

Stay Positive: I think everyone has a tendency to get a sour attitude about something when someone else around them is complaining. I do this big time. It's not like I can't form my own opinion or anything, it's just that I can see their point, and negative is so much easier than always being positive. ( I sound like a terrible person, don't I?) So far, it looks like 2013 will be an amazing year and I do not want to ruin any part of that with a negative attitude! This means no talking bad about other people, keeping complaining to a minimum, and making sure to say nice things about other people/give compliments every day. 

Take lots of VIDEO of my babies (and life in general): For the last two years I have had resolutions to take more pictures of life. This year, I have to give myself a pat on the back because I can go back and look at pictures from each week of Hunter's life. I love it. I got a nice video camera for Christmas, and my new goal is to take lots of video in addition to still photos. How fun will it be to go back and watch Hunter's first memories, Charlotte in the hospital, and every moment in between and after? I LOVE going back and watching what my parents have on video, and my mom just had a DVD made of what little video she had of her childhood (there is no sound so they set it to music), and I had a blast watching that. Not that I want time to fly, but I know it will so I want to remember it!

BLOG more: I started off strong, but with very mobile child to run after coupled with the fact that I am growing a new one, I have fizzled. I was lucky to get Hunter's 6 and 7 month posts up at all. I can't believe that when I was pregnant and when he was born I managed to so weekly updates! Poor Charlotte has only one belly shot, and that may not even be on the blog. And it's from 12 weeks ago. So yes, blog more. Way more. (also... BUY photo space for blogger!!)

I think that is it! What are YOUR resolutions for 2013?!
Please Vote! Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS