Friday, March 2, 2012

Hello Third Trimester! 27 weeks

While I was looking through all of the student photos I have taken this year, and I stumbled upon this:




Of course, this was edited to add the label, but I actually was just so surprised to see how thin I was before I was pregnant! I mean, I remember being thin, but I have been looking at a belly slowly growing for the past 27 weeks. I guess it just snuck up on me! I took the picture because for the whole week before this that I knew I was pregnant, I had been feeling pretty bloated. When I woke up that morning, I felt like I looked pretty much like my normal self, and I am just glad that I thought ahead to take a picture! What I really should do is take a picture of my bare belly in the same yoga pants and do a comparison.... you know? Just for kicks, haha!


In other news, I am finally in the third trimester! Only 13 weeks to go, 90 days to be exact, 3 months, and I just cannot believe it!


Updates on Mommy:


  • Braxton Hicks- I have to start with this one, because this week, they were out of control. I actually had to call the doctor to see what was normal and what was not normal. I had been fighting a serious cold with bad congestion and a bad ear infection that burst my eardrum, but felt that I was on the upswing. Around mid-day, I started getting tightness in my belly, and a few hours after that, I would get really short of breath along with them. By the time I got home from work, I was getting three to four per hour, and short of breath with every one.  I wasn't sure if the shortness of breath was from being sick and congested, but since it was getting close to the end of the doctor's office hours, I figured it wouldn't hurt to call. She told me to time them, and to write down how I felt with each one, and if any other symptoms accompany them. I did, and luckily there was no cramping, bleeding, or pain. In the days since then, I have had them quite consistently, but nothing to worry about.
  • Weight Gain/Belly Measurement- I have gained a total of 10 and a half pounds, still (almost) keeping up with one pound a week. Hopefully the half pound is just a fluke, and next week will be a solid 11, haha! My belly measurement was just below 37 inches, which is also keeping up with the almost inch per week. 
  • Sickness/Nausea- I only had two sick spells, once when I was cooking ground beef... I think I am getting back to the 'I can't cook raw meat' phase... and the other was when Tim ordered baby octopus at a restaurant. I am pretty sure that the second one would have made me sick as well. I would post a picture, but I am pretty sure that just the picture would make me sick!


Updates on Baby:
  • Movement- Hunter is still an active little baby boy! There have been a few times where I am pretty sure I have felt him flip or roll over. I say this because of the different types of movements I am feeling. The first time was a full minute of slides across my belly with little kicks and punches mixed in. I am also feeling body parts poking out more and more often. It always feels like something pretty big, like either a head or a butt. Either way, it is really cool to actually feel him in there and try to visualize how he is laying.
  • He should weigh close to 2 pounds, and is getting fatter by the day. He is over a foot long, from head to toe, should be close to 15 inches. If he were to be born, he could survive with quite a bit of medical intervention to help with breathing and regulating his temperature. The longer he stays in there, the more those abilities will develop. Also, he is opening and closing his eyes! I think that is so cool to think about him floating around in the darkness, but blinking to work out those eyelids.
I still am so curious to see if he will have blue eyes or green. Brown hair or red. Daddy's big lips or mommy's petite mouth. A small nose, or mommy's bump. An innie or an outie. The list goes on and on, and while I know that all of these things won't be immediately known at birth, I can get an idea :) For now, I can just dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS