Friday, May 25, 2012

Hunter: Week One (lots of pictures!!)


A picture heavy post all about Hunter's first week!


During his first week we actually managed to get out of the house some! We went to a 'Mommy Matinee" at the movie theater. It is where they play a recently released movie (we saw What to Expect When You're Expecting... so it was perfect!). We went with my mom and Isabella, and Hunter nursed a little, then fell asleep for the rest of the movie. A 'Mommy Matinee'' is a movie once a week where you can take your kids (mostly infants) and it is totally ok! They don't turn the lights down all the way so you can see as you make many trips for diaper changes, and its ok if your baby cries or squeals. I am addicted, and I think I may make it a Wednesday tradition!

We also make a trip or two up to Target for some mommy necessities like nursing pads and bras, cereal, and some other things. He did great on all of the little mini excursions!

As far as Hunter himself, he is pretty much a model newborn! He sleeps almost all day, and wakes up for feedings. He actually does not mind his diaper being dirty, and probably keeps his mouth shut about it so that we don't change it.... he hates getting his diaper changed! We went to the doctor on Tuesday (4 days old) because his bilirubin levels were almost too high to let us go home from the hospital. It was more than sad to watch him get his blood drawn out of his precious little heel than anything I have ever seen. Why do they need so much?! The doctor's office called that day to say that his levels were good! He still weighed 6 pounds and 3 ounces, which is what he weighed when he was discharged from the hospital. It is our goal to get back up the 6 pounds 8 ounces by his two week appointment. 

He loves to be swaddled and sleeps the best that way. Some days you can get him to sleep in his swing in a pajama onesie, but he definitely has to be warm in order to sleep well. 

Tex has been great with him! He goes over and sniffs him and then leaves him alone. I am still wondering how things will go when Hunter gets more active and playful, but that will be a few more months!

He is strictly on breast milk, sometimes pre-pumped, but usually straight from me. I love that my body is doing what it needs to do! It makes me proud in a weird way... proud of myself, haha! He is supposed to be eating every 2-3 hours, but eats more consistently every 3 hours, and started out the week at about 2 ounces per feeding, and is now eating 3 ounces at almost every feeding. He is a great eater, and really lets you know if he is hungry! I know I am biased, and I'm sure that most babies probably do this, but if he is being held when he gets hungry he will turn his head and start sucking at their arm or shoulder! Little man just wants his mommy :)

In case you can't tell, I am so in love, and I have the new love for his daddy. After all, he made Hunter with me, and I am so proud to see Hunter's tiny body in Tim's big 'ole hands. We worked hard for this little guy, but the journey made us appreciate him that much more. 


The next morning
The second night, he cried all night
Leaving the hospital
Cutting off his security band
Car ride home
Waiting for daddy while he gets mommy a subway sandwich 
Home!
Tex sniffing him out
He LOVES his swing
He's home!
Hunter and daddy
He used to sleep like this in his ultrasounds
Getting ready for first sponge bath
He looks like a grumpy old man sometimes
I love his long skinny body
Tex doesn't seem to care a whole lot!




He just has to have his hands by his face :)
Hanging out with mommy before bed




1 comment:

  1. Hunter is so precious, congratulations! Oh and I love Tex, so cute!

    http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS