Monday, January 23, 2012

Cookin' Mama!

I have never enjoyed cooking. I mean, I think I would like cooking if someone did the grocery shopping, cut up the veggies, measured out the spices and put them into small glass bowls like in the cooking shows, and then stayed to clean up afterward. Then yes, I would like cooking.

Instead, I manage to stay with in a limited menu which I know how to cook well, and that I know use minimal pots and pans. Ever since I have started 'nesting', though, I have not been so opposed to trying new recipes and cooking on a nightly basis. I have even started a weekly menu, where husband and I sit down and write out a menu for the week. Then I look in the pantry to figure out which ingredients we already have and make a grocery list of the things still needed. So far, so good, but then again, I am only on week 3... plenty of time for it to all fall apart!

This week is a little different, though. I invited my parents over for a dinner, and to show them the progress made on the nursery so far. Instead of rushing home from work, taking care of the barking dogs, preparing, AND cooking a meal; I decided to make most of the meal when I got home from work today in addition to the dinner that I already had planned for tonight!

If you know me, this is quite and undertaking! I am not ashamed to say that I am proud of my Chimichanga dinner and spaghetti dinner which was made all in one night (the same night I went grocery shopping)!!

Here, in all it's glory:

Chimichanga beginnings on the left, and spaghetti meat sauce on the right.

1 comment:

  1. When I was working, I would make a recipe like lasagna & split it in two pans, then feeze one. I did lots of meals that way. :) Plus a crock pot is a life saver, you can prep it @ night, put the pot in the fridge & put it in the crock in the a.m. :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS