Tuesday, December 20, 2011

17 weeks

16 weeks, 5 days




Almost halfway there! I am 17 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and I am feeling great! I have a small bump, NO weight gain yet, and extreme hunger! Not that I am eating all the time, but when I do get hungry it is all of a sudden and I have to eat with in a few minutes or I will be gagging (which will usually lead to throwing up). Hopefully over the Christmas Break I can make or buy a fun chalkboard so that I can take weekly pictures in front of that, but for now, here is the general summary:



How far along? 17 Weeks

Total weight gain: 0 pounds- but during 20 months trying to conceive, I gained about 10 pounds. My usual 'range' was 111-114, before getting pregnant it was 120-123. When I weigh myself now (always with clothes on), I am still 122-124. I am kind of excited about this, but kind of worried too! I asked my doctor, and she says that as long as the baby is growing she is not worried.

Maternity clothes? mostly my regular clothes with a few maternity items mixed in. Jeans need to be unbuttoned and some pairs also unzipped with the help of a belly band.


Stretch marks? no. Thank you Mamma Mio, keep up the good work!


Sleep: sleep is ok, I usually only get up once to pee, but about half the time I can't go back to sleep either because now I am hungry, or because I just get restless. Sometimes I toss and turn and sometimes I try yo be productive. This morning I am writing this blog because I woke up at 4:15. 


Best moment this week: went nursery furniture shopping with hubby and think we found a set! Also, I made a really awesome purchase for the nursery as something decorative, but that will be a secret until it is up!


Miss Anything? margaritas! I definitely didn't drink a lot of them when I wasn't pregnant, but when I see them or smell them, they sound like the best thing in the world. I also miss being excited about Christmas! I am so excited for May, that I can't force myself to be excited about this Christmas. I am already looking forward to next Christmas!


Movement: I have not felt anything yet, but I am taking some time each day to relax and try to feel. Before I got up to go to bed last night I thought I felt something different than I have before, but wasn't sure. I def wasn't hungry so I'm sure it wasn't that! I laid in bed and couldn't feel any more anything :(


Food cravings: I go through phases! The past couple weeks has been breakfast tacos from Taco Cabana, but I'm pretty sure any breakfast taco would do. In 2 weeks they have disappointed me twice! 1. I ordered 3 chorizo and egg tacos. I eat one in the car and thoroughly enjoy it. Get home and the next two are potato and egg, yuck! But, by then I was home and didn't want to go back. I ordered 3 because I was starving and now only got 1, boo! 2. I waited in the drive through line and get up to order, and they are out of eggs. Seriously? I tried to mix bacon and potato, but the bacon was the worst and most rubbery bacon I have seen in my life!


Anything making you queasy or sick: meat in general, can't eat too much, and canNOT cook it!


Gender: Boy! Hunter Ryan 


Labor Signs: Nope


Symptoms: Heartburn sometimes, hunger a lot, and gagging and dry heaving if I get too hungry. Right now, I have been typing too long and it's about to start :(



Belly Button in or out? in, but getting wider, it's definitely weird!

Wedding rings on or off? on, they fit totally fine, maybe because its kind of cold?


Happy or Moody most of the time: so very happy, but sometimes a touch moody!


Looking forward to: Christmas Break! I get 2 weeks off the recharge my batteries! Also, I am going fabric shopping with one of my best friends for nursery fabrics. I don't know if I am going to try to make everything, but I for sure am going to make a rag quilt. I may make it big enough to fit on his bed once it is a toddler bed. Also, looking forward to feeling this little boy move!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS