Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Project Nursery: Day 1

The room that we decided to use for the nursery is what is currently being used as a storage room. There was a full set of queen sized bedroom furniture, my summer/winter clothes (trading off depending on the season), all of our wreaths, my wedding dress, suitcases, unorganized craft stuff, and various other boxes. This is also the only room in the house that has managed to stay untainted from the canine roomies that we have living here! Once the Christmas season rolled around and I finally got into the mood the decorate a little bit, all of the Christmas boxes soon became part of the decor as well.

My parents helped us by offering to take the bedroom furniture. It was mine since I was about 13 or so, I helped pick it out, and aside from my parents bedroom set, I was the only child that had an actual matching set of nice furniture. It survived who knows how many college apartment switches, and we really felt that it should stay with the family! Tim and Jason (his best friend, sister's husband, and our across the street neighbors) loaded up the set and headed to my parents' storage unit. This helped a ton!

Next, Tim and I went through and really assessed what we wanted to keep and put away, and what we could donate. We loaded up about 7 garbage bags full of donation items and headed to one of my dad's store's drop boxes for donation. This really got things consolidated!

Then, we sent the suitcases up to the attic and stacked the Christmas storage boxes in one general area. In a few weeks, these should be gone!

On the list of immediate things to be done to help the clutter:

Send wedding dress to get cleaned and preserved
Go through craft stuff and organize/donate and out away in actual craft room
Send storage boxes to the attic


And that's basically it! The wedding dress isn't even taking up any room in the actual room, we just want it boxed and out of the room.

I didn't have the foresight to capture the true 'before' on camera, but here is what happened after Project Nursery: Day 1....




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS