Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old Wives Tales: True or False

One of my best friends, fellow teachers, and due date buddy posted a ton of gender old wives tales on her blog the other day. Now that I know for sure what I am going to have, this is more of a fun experiment than wishful thinking! I am going to use some of hers and see if they were correct for me. 

* If your husband gains weight, you will be having a girl. If he doesn't gain weight, you'll be having a boy.
Answer: Boy- but my husband hasn't gained weight since 10th grade, so I don't think this counts.

* Pregnancy has you looking better than ever if it’s a boy. You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy if it’s a girl
Answer: Boy, my skin is silky smooth, my hair and nails looks amazing, and I have had about a half a pimple since my last period.

*Some myths propose that if you are craving sweets during your pregnancy, you are having a girl. If you are craving spicy and salty foods, then you are having a boy.
Answer: girl- but I always love sweets, and always hate spicy.

*Some say if the woman’s belly is big and round it means that she is carrying a girl. Likewise, if her belly is smaller and sticking straight out than she is carrying a boy. 
Answer: Boy

* If you are having a boy, you would not have as much morning sickness as you would if you were having a girl.
Answer: Boy, I think I had it pretty easy, a few rough days but overall, its been ok!

*Many people believe in the good old ring test as a way to tell what the sex of their baby is going to be. In this test you hang your wedding ring from a string. If the ring swings back and forth your baby is a girl. If it swings around in a circle then it is a boy. 
Answer: Girl. Jamie did this test with me and if I remember correctly it was girl!

*Some people believe that if your baby has a fast heart rate, near 170 beats per minute, then that means you are having a girl, and that if your baby’s heart rate is closer to 150 beats per minute then you are having a boy. 
Answer: Girl, the heart rate up to 15 and a half weeks was consistently above 165, and for a few weeks it was 177! I googled what was too high, I didn't want to poor thing's heart to explode!

* The Chinese use numbers to determine the sex of your baby. They take the mothers age at conception and the month of conception. 
Answer: girl, I conceived either at the very end of August, or very beginning of September, but both months say girl.

* Many believe that if you have an increased amount of acne during pregnancy then it means you are having a baby girl.
Answer: Boy


Total:

Boy-5
Girl- 4

Hmmmm........ lookie there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS